Equipping and Enabling you to gain more leadership advantage
GAINMORE™ Advantage Potential to Performance System Version 3
Welcome to GAPPS3!
Our GAPPS3 Assessment is unlike other psychometric tests that you may have used in the past. Such tools are most often used to determine the individual’s ‘personality’ or ‘traits’ which you then most often use to determine what sort of person you are
Other assessments that you may have taken compare your behaviours or characteristics against those of the organization, or the team, or a few, the job. This is great… but… they do not tell you what you really need to know after this.
Can you be developed? If you can, what do you need to develop to achieve what you want to achieve? And what are your development priorities? Do you have the potential to succeed? Is this position and company (and its values) right for you? Do you show integrity? And many other unanswered questions… until now.
Everyone who uses GAPPS3 receives a copy of their full report and personal feedback from a professional coach. Together, we identify the high priority development areas and necessary mindset to raise performance to reach your potential.
GAPPS3 is used by leading organizations both large and small. Through all stages of the employee life-cycle: recruitment and selection, on-boarding, performance management, succession planning, talent management, transition and even out-placement.
The GAPPS3 Assessment
GAPPS3 is our powerful GAINMORE™ Advantage Potential to Performance System. Unlike other leadership assessments, GAPPS3 provides you with a comprehensive profile report showing your AAA for leadership success:
- Leadership Attributes
- Leadership Abilities
- Leadership Agility
GAPPS3 identifies your current strengths AND your priority development areas AND your potential as a leader. With links to our unique, interactive online learning system. The GAPPS3 full assessment includes personal feedback coaching (45-60 minutes) preferably face to face, else by video conference. You can also receive access to the GAINMORE™ Leadership Advantage Toolbox – this covers the foundational modules for each of the 12 areas under the GAINMORE™ model as a full, interactive and supported online learning tool.
Your GAPPS3 profile report is sent to you in pdf format one working day before your scheduled feedback coaching session.
Everyone who takes our GAPPS3 assessment schedules their feedback coaching with one of our professional coaches. This session, if you are in Singapore or near our international offices in New Zealand, Sydney Australia, or London UK is best conducted face to face at your offices. When it is not convenient to meet in person, feedback coaching is done by web video conference or for those of you without the infrastructure, by telephone.
Your feedback coaching session lasts for 45 minutes to one hour. It is your chance to ask questions, clarify anything about your profile and to benefit from guidance by a professional, experienced leadership development expert. It is your time, make the most of it. Often, your coach will give you “homework” – specific guidance to do something. This might be to access our Leadership Advantage Toolbox (which is also included). Perhaps we recommend a particular book to read, video to watch, or simply complete a template about your own goals.
After your Feedback
Your coach will send a summary report of your feedback coaching session to you via email. This serves as a reminder of your discussions and usually includes any links to recommended resources for your continued development.
Is it confidential?
All our coaches operate under the guiding principles of the International Coaching Federation and the UK Data Protection Act.
Your coach will NEVER share personal information that has no direct relationship or relevance on your sponsoring organization with any other person.
If your GAPPS3 assessment is sponsored, after your feedback coaching session we share with your sponsor (usually your HR and/or direct line manager):
- A summary GAPPS3 assessment profile.
- A summary of your post feedback coaching session report AFTER you have received this report and not indicated to your coach to edit within 48 hours of receipt by you.
In short, we will only share information about you that has direct relevance to your development in your work or performance. All information shared is subject to your agreement with your coach that it may be shared.
How does it work?
- Your sponsor (usually led by HR) informs us that you are to take the GAPPS3 assessment.
- We send you an email inviting you to participate. This email includes your unique coded link to take the assessment.
The assessment itself takes between 25 and 40 minutes to complete.
- Answer all questions and statements honestly and candidly. This assessment is for your benefit. It is for you to learn what your leadership strengths are, and the development areas to achieve what you want to achieve.
- There are no right or wrong answers.
- When you submit at the end of the assessment you will see a ‘Successful Submission” screen and later receive an email confirming your successful submission.
- On the “Successful Submission” screen you will be prompted to schedule your feedback coaching session. Click the link and login to our coaching calendar, please indicate where the coaching will take place (office address, room, or skype name or telephone number).
- Choose a day and time available on our calendar. You will receive an email confirmation with an ical attachment (sycn this straight into your own calendar). Please try and schedule your session within one week of submission.
24 hours prior to your scheduled session, you will receive an email reminder with a link to download your GAPPS3 profile report pdf copy.
- Please consider the environment before printing, your report is 18 pages in colour. You may bring your laptop to the feedback coaching session.
- Your feedback coaching session will last 45 minutes to one hour.
- After your session, your coach will send an email summary report as a reminder of your feedback and any links to help your continued development. Usually within 24 hours.
- 48 hours after your session, your coach will send you an email with a link to confirm that you have received your feedback summary report and asking for your agreement to share your report with your sponsor.
- Within 7 days of your feedback session, your coach will share agreed information with your sponsor.
Typically within 3 weeks, your coach will follow up with you to:
- Check your progress with your “homework”
- Evaluate the GAPPS3 assessment and feedback coaching
What is GAPPS3?
GAPPS3 identifies your current strengths AND your priority development areas AND your potential as a leader. With links to our unique, interactive online learning system. The GAPPS3 full assessment includes personal feedback coaching (45-60 minutes) preferably face to face, else by video conference. You can also receive access to the GAINMORE™ Leadership Advantage Toolbox – this covers the foundational modules for each of the 12 areas under the GAINMORE™ model as a full, interactive and supported online learning tool. Additional comparative profiles for teams, culture fit, recruitment and all parts of the employee life cycle are available to accelerate and improve your interventions.
Your profile report includes an overview and comparison with your chosen benchmark.
Leadership Attributes and Abilities: GAINMORE™ Development profile, and IQ, MQ & EQ.
GAINMORE™ Attributes and Development Report
|You can choose from:
||Detail example Leadership Attributes
Showing each Attribute and Ability clearly, the individual’s ‘normal’ behaviour and the Agility they demonstrate in each factor.
Your Team Leadership Role preferences and behaviour:
And, uniquely, your potentiality index!
|You may be looking for someone to fit the current team, or re-balance the team and sometimes, create change in the team culture!||
Looking to recruit someone who is going places? Or perhaps someone who is likely to settle at the level you are recruiting?
The primary use of GAPPS3 is for leadership development and coaching. You can use it to undertake a 360˚ assessment of your leadership team, succession planning, high potentials identification… You get the idea.
Arrange a meeting with us to discuss how we can partner with you now.
Call us at +65 6559 9887 or email gapps at celsim dot com
Recruitment and Talent Management Issues
- Recruiting the “right” sales executives
- Identifying talent and potential
- Retaining talent in a highly competitive rapidly changing environment
- Developing the “right” talent with the “right” talents
- Succession planning
- Leading and motivating Gen “Why”
Attrition of new recruits in sales roles is a particular issue
Attrition of newly recruited sales staff shows typical rates of 30 to 46% leaving within the first 12 months – increasing costs to the organisation both in terms of replacement and time in covering for new recruits leaving (IBM EMEA study, April 2004).
An IES 2003 study into why talented graduates leave their organisation stated the number 1 reason as: they were “unhappy with the employer they had joined” – this in spite of an average US$38k starting package.
Retention of “talent” is becoming an increasing concern. PWC Worldwide research in 2004 across all sectors found:
- 60% of employees surveyed were actively looking for a new position.
- 75% indicated that they would be with the company for less than 2 years.
- 60% indicated that they would leave their current job to follow a good mentor; over half of these would do so for less money.
- 100% felt that they could do better financially in a different commercial sector.
- 100% indicated that if they left, they would be harder to replace than they were to hire and more expensive economically than their current compensation.
46% of new hires left their new company within the first 12 months.
The property sector is not immune to these alarming trends and issues:
- Attrition is 25-60% for new graduate recruits in the property and construction industry (IBM EMEA Survey, April 2004).
- “We are all fishing in the same pond for the best grads!” – commenting on the average US$38k starting package for new graduate recruits (CEO, Leading European Residential and Commercial Property Developer).
- “How many will be in the company a year from now?” (Senior VP, Singapore Property Developer).
Best practice in recruiting and retaining talent
Talent management is the modern by-word of business leaders, 68% of CXO’s in a recent EFMD survey ranked ‘Talent Management’ as their top concern. Interestingly 47% of HR managers rated it their number one concern. In the same survey, organisations with the best talent retention rates of below 30% employed a number of interventions and processes to achieve this:
95% Training and development
80% Career mentoring
75% Assessment centres for recruitment
40% Flexible working hours
25% Pay increments or bonuses
The secret in reducing attrition is to “give them a choice” – John Ewing-Chow, on how OCBC reduced graduate attrition from 48% to just 9%.
Meeting today’s needs requires a new look at your company’s value proposition
Employees are becoming increasingly demanding of a better value proposition. According to Towers Perrin research in 2000, employees seek additional factors in the value proposition offered by their employer. Continuing this research in 2008-09 in Singapore, we found that employees now place an emphasis on the leadership demonstrated by their employer, both their direct line manager and the overall leadership.
Historic data source, Tan E., Towers Perrin White Paper Talent Management and Succession Planning, 2000. CELSIM White Paper – Singapore Talent Management and Succession Planning, Kenworthy, J. Tan, E. and Zoetmulder, E. 2009
Career stages & diversified needs of High Potentials (Hi-Po’s) – Singapore
Our research revealed notable distinctions between the requirements of ‘typical employees’ and ‘high potential’ or ‘hi-po’ employees in terms of the total value proposition for employees.
It is this historical perspective and research that helped us to develop the CELSIM Total Talent Management Framework.
CELSIM Total Talent Management framework
GAINMORE™ Advantage holistic framework
The GAINMORE™ Advantage holistic development framework forms a substantial part of our Total Talent Management framework.
- Total Talent Management approach
Robust GAINMORE™ framework
- 15 years of academic and applied business research
Comprehensive diagnostic assessments
- Self-assessment, 180˚, or 360˚ tools
- Practical application to the workplace
- Techniques suited to individual development stage
- Personal learner toolbox, online coaching
Certification programme to internalize coaching
- Modular coach training programmes for internal resources and cascade coaching culture
Online client support
- GAPPS3 Private coaching clients area
- GAINMORE™ Advantage Learner Toolbox- social learning LMS
- Easily and quickly undertake a DNA
- 80% accurate compared to a full TNA
- Easily plan development
- Each individual has their own development plan
- Lines your staff up to develop for success
- Why benchmark with Mr. and Ms. Average?
- Cascades a coaching culture
- Identifies High potentials
- Objective view of “intangibles”
Adds value to your brand
- They’ll tell all their nearest and dearest!
Brings unprecedented word of mouth advertising to your business
- Nothing like someone rejected singing your praises!
According to Nielsen, 94% of your rejected candidates will become a supplier, customer or competitor.
- Do you want people who appreciate you in these positions or arch-enemies?
GAPPS3 added value
GAPPS3 reliability and validity
- Test-retest reliability – correlation ranges from .76 to .95
- Cronbach alpha – from .77 to .84
- Validity tests against DISC, 16PF, OPQ, LDQ, MBTI all show high validity of GAPPS3
- Database 42,326 (as at Dec 31st 2009)
26 Significant* “successful profiles”
- Significance measured at 0.05
- Singapore, Malaysia, SEA, Asia profiles as well as UK, USA, Europe and Global.
GAPPS3 working in partnership with you
Sevices we offer
In a recent Minute with Maxwell message, John defined a coach as “…someone who can come alongside of you and can correct you without criticizing you in a way that is negative in your life. A coach is a word that means ‘come alongside’. Come alongside and share together, teach, listen and lead.” My coaching involves the ability to understand you: to live where you live, think how you think, and understand your perspective. From this benchmark, I will place another perspective on top of yours stretching and growing you to gently see a different way. As a certified John Maxwell coach, I can see what you are going through and things you are going to go through. Coaching is foreseeing, paving the way, coming alongside and adding value to you.
Categories of Coaching
Individual – one on one private and confidential coaching
When I am working one on one with a client, it is my number one objective to help you reach your purpose, vision and goals by working through John Maxwell’s programs specific to your needs. Together, we will create a strategic plan that is a powerful way for you to gain clarity through a weekly process including interaction and accountability.
What are you doing to invest in yourself?
What are you doing to invest in others?
“No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”
Group – small setting onsite or via webinar and video technology
When I am working in a group setting, although it’s not singular in nature, having the entire group’s input in thinking magnifies the richness of the discussions and results in developing solutions that are above and beyond what any individual can create. The cohesive bond that is formed empowers each person to develop the leader within and shine in a safe environment that nurtures the group as a whole. It is an experience unlike any other and follows the same premise as an academic think tank.
“The goal of coaching is the goal of good management – to make the most of an organization’s valuable resources.”
Harvard Business Review
“Between 25% to 40% of Fortune 500 companies use executive coaches.”
The HayGroup (USA) 1999
“Leaders are more powerful role models when they learn than when they teach.”
Rosabeth Moss Kanto, Harvard Business School
Please contact me to discuss your coaching needs.
“Committing a great truth to memory is admirable; committing it to life is wisdom.” William A. Ward
As a Certified John Maxwell Coach, Trainer and Speaker, I offer customized presentations to fit your individual or team’s needs and budget such as:
- 10 minute briefing
- “Lunch and Learn”
- Keynote speech for your company sponsored event
- Half day and full day workshop/seminar
- In-house corporate training
- Executive and personal retreat
- Partnership Summit
I will provide effective team communication and structure that is important for forging relationships equipping your team with the proper attitudes to develop leaders within. We will work through goal setting and communication exercises that will bring cohesiveness to your group ultimately increasing productivity due to the positive influences each member will have on the group as a whole.
In addition, I will at your request incorporate your organization’s meeting theme, mission/vision statement or build on your existing training schedule to best fit the needs of your group. Please contact me.
There is synergy of energy, commitment and excitement that participants bring to a mastermind group. My facilitated groups offer a combination of masterminding, peer brainstorming, education, accountability and support in a group setting to sharpen your business and personal skills. By bringing fresh ideas and a different perspective, my masterminds can help you achieve success.
Key Benefits of a Mastermind Group:
- Increase your own experience and confidence
- Sharpen your business and personal skills
- Create real progress in your business and your life
- Add an instant and valuable support network
- Get honest feedback, advice and brainstorming
- Borrow on the experience and skills of the other members
- Study the 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, create an action plan and have the group hold you accountable for fulfilling your plan and goals
- Receive critical insights into yourself
- Optimistic peer support in maintaining a positive mental attitude
- A sense of shared endeavor – there are others out there!
“Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you.” Henry Ward Beecher
Contact me for a mastermind group in your area.