Skyrocket Your Career Even With Change Management Challenges
“I think you need to manage your team’s expectations. It seems like there is a negative cloud hanging around them”
“Have you considered organizing a meeting with your team to communicate the new direction because I have heard about confusion among your team members.”
“I heard that some of your subordinates did not follow the new regulations. There is a need to educate them about the new protocols.”
If these sentences sound familiar, then you are probably facing a change management leadership challenge. Dealing with unexpected changes within the organization can be stressful even more when you are in charge of a team. It is possible to lead the team into success, even with these tough circumstances.
In order for the team to perform regardless of situations, there is a need to recognize these truths:
- The leadership skills in these circumstances are particularly unique. In order to motivate your team, you need to step beyond the usual leadership abilities and craft a vision and communicate effectively to your subordinates to encourage them.
- In an environment of fear or possibly gloom, short term victories are especially critical to help your subordinates gain back confidence and work as a team, rather than feeling ostracized from the company.
- Be aware of the new environment changes and institutionalize new changes, while moving ahead with improvements from the team’s inputs.
Well, with these mindsets set into place, it is easy to turn around a bad situation into a positive one that could boost your career.
Imagine being able to:
- Help the team glue together by creating a sense of urgency and a need to work towards the short term goals, resulting in closer collaboration and deeper sense of worth.
- The ability to create “mini-successes” within your own team which helps them focus, despite all the on-going changes.
- Crafting a powerful vision and communicating with the team that helps them align with the new company values
If you are keen to achieve these attributes and abilities to skyrocket your career, why not use our leadership style quiz to identify your leadership style? Once you have, it is easier to see what is the next step in cultivating your innate leadership with the results.