Finding Your Goldilocks Zone

A Life of passion and balanceGoldilocks is fast asleep when the bears return home.

She found her perfect bed, not too big and not too soft.

After eating her fill of the perfect porridge that wasnt too hot and wasn’t too sweet. Goldilocks had tested the beds upstairs and fell into a deep sleep.

The three bears were none too pleased with this breach of neighbourly etiquette and devour Goldilocks.

• Or, the Goldilocks jumps out of a window and is never seen again.
  • Or Goldilocks explains how hungry and tired she was and befriend the forgiving bears and they all live happily ever after.

Which version of the story do you believe for your life?

emPowered by the Leadership AdvantEdge

Brought to you by Dr John Kenworthy  

Right-click to Download the MP3 | Open Player in New Window

Continue reading

Strive to Leave a Legacy or Chase After the Wind?

Stress! Do you suffer?

Of course you do.

How much is caused by others and how much do you cause yourself?

When you really think on this, you uncover some rather painful truths about stress. Most of it is caused by yourself.

Like you. I like to place demands on my performance. Far greater demands than I would ever allow anybody else. Well perhaps my wife would debate that, but I don’t demand so much from other people.

Like you, I have a desire to leave something of a legacy. I want to achieve something bigger than myself. Something important.
Continue reading

How Do I Leverage My Influencing Style?

how do i leverage my influencing styleThe 15-inch blade flew perilously close to my left ear, and the Chef’s knife thumped into the door behind me. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that my days in his pastry kitchen were over. I couldn’t possibly repeat the actual words, but if you think that Gordon Ramsey cusses, I can assure you that even he has a comparatively mild turn of phrase.

Chef was right of course. I was useless in the pastry kitchen.

I still am. My croissants could be used to break rocks in a quarry. My shortcrust could substitute for dumbell weights. It’s simple biology. My hands are too warm.

Heck, I didn’t even want to be a pastry chef, but I had to master every part of cooking, and I wanted to learn from this Chef. I had huge respect for his talent and would take almost anything for the chance to learn. But he wasn’t very likeable. He was a conqueror style and a competent jerk.

emPowered by the Leadership AdvantEdge

Brought to you by Dr John Kenworthy  

Continue reading

How to Get Unstuck

How to Get UnstuckAll through life, Alex has always felt that other people, schoolmates, friends and later colleagues, seemed to have it easier. Dad was never quite satisfied. It was hard to live up to his standards. Aunts and Uncles always knew a cousin who was better, brighter, richer, faster.

Alex, like you and me, would like to earn more, be recognized and respected. To enjoy life and have fun. To simply succeed.

Is it really so difficult?

emPowered by the Leadership AdvantEdge

Brought to you by Dr John Kenworthy  

Continue reading